Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Plaid Stallions : Rambling and Reflections on '70s pop culture: 1978 Mattel Flying Aces Catalog

From Plaid Stallions:



Plaid Stallions : Rambling and Reflections on '70s pop culture: 1978 Mattel Flying Aces Catalog: Mattel's Flying Aces
were an elaborate take on the paper airplane, the planes were made of
soft foam and the flight deck served as a launcher. Those who had it or the Battlestar Galactica version have mentioned that the planes had a short life but were fun nonetheless.




From me:
I had the Carrier and the Island Base. I Loved these as a kid and they served me well long after the catapults and planes broke. They made great play-sets for my toy planes and soldiers. Two of my favorite movies/TV shows from the '70s were Midway & Black Sheep SquadronAnd these toys let me indulge that fantasy ably.










This thing just screams, "Vella La Cava"!  Where's Pappy?





In recent times I have been lucky enough to re-acquire both these great playsets.



No comments:

Post a Comment